Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Cade & Mercer

ellie

 

How do you think Harley and Brick are doing these days?

Mercer: Oh, she's really mysterious lately. Not herself at all (He shakes his head no)

Cade: What do you mean? (He shoots a look to Mercer on the interview couch that he doesn't know what he's talking about) She seems fine to me.

Mercer: Ever since Halloween, she seems different. (Mercer is serious no smile slips)

Cade: (sighs) There can't be anything wrong, there can't be. (he winces) Brick has been by her for a very long time now. He cares about her, so much. He's always worried she's eating the wrong thing. He follows her around like he might be putting everything in a food diary or something. (Cade shrugs)

Mercer: Maybe that's the problem. She doesn't need that. She needs a boyfriend. (Cade's eyes are lit)

Cade: What are you getting at? (Cade looks at him out of the corner of his eye.)

Mercer: It's just (he grits a grin) Brick's her boyfriend ..and you know, just do boyfriend things. Leave her alone.

Cade: She has dibetes. I would be worried too. (he swells a frown as if he has a lot to worry about Mercer).

Mercer: (Mercer looks up a the ceiling to keep from rolling his eyes) This isn't about us. (He glares back at Cade)

Cade: See, we can't have perfectly romantic relationships. We can't always make the other person happy. It's getting through the little things before they become big things.

7 comments:

  1. Other amazing post
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how we're getting this form THEIR perspective! And interesting how they see it totally different! I love these.

    I agree about knowing what they'd be up to now. Those covers... they just tell a story. Talk about story prompts. And yes- they turned so many into readers.

    I am hoping your librarian does well. I am much better. Feel almost normal! Still sleeping lots. How are you? Hope you are doing well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you stay Covid free with all the people around you having it. Yes thanksgiving is getting close! And I feel the same way. It used t obe you had to stay out for quite a while, now people come back quicker. Are they spreading it? I know we can treat it better now, but still...

      Delete
    2. Thanks, me too. We have another session tomorrow night with the writer's group, but I plan on missing it too. I have a big dental appointment tomorrow..hopefully, that will go smoothly.

      Delete
  3. So interesting to hear Cade and Mercer's thoughts on Brick and Harley! I've always been team Brick, but Mercer makes a good point about Brick maybe being too overprotective. I'll be waiting to see how this one shakes out! 🤔💖

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.