Wednesday, May 22, 2024

That Jersey Boy


Dominic Sessa


I feel like all actors don't want to become famous...at least the good ones, you want to be able to be invisible, to be able to shape-shift. Once you get too much of a name or a face for yourself, you're too recognizable and people can't see you as another person." -Sessa


I  finally got around to seeing Alexander Payne's The Holdovers. Definitely, not your typical Christmas movie, but engaging just the same. Especially, bringing in debut actor Sessa as the wiseass to the Old Wiseass Paul Giamatti. This is one of the best of Payne's movies giving us a slice of the 70's in upstate New York. Truly, from location to all the supporting actors had a lot of character. 

I appreciated Sessa's performance as well. Here's hoping he finds the roles to help his method acting. I truly think he's a natural. Definitely one to watch for.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Paul Giamatti! I bet they played off each other well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Se ve genial. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to see this one too! So has the husband. And I heard that it just came out on Prime. I see a movie night in our future. 😁🎥💖

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.