Tuesday, July 18, 2023

it's a Birken

 

To some, it's a luxury. While others it is when you can finally say, "Looks like we made it." There is something about Birken that gives that practicality to it. After all, she had humble beginnings and always made casual look so classic.  So sad to hear of Jane Birkin's passing. She was an icon like none other.

“I remember it perfectly well!” Birkin told Vogue of the monumental day. “On this airplane journey, when everything fell out of whatever bag I had, the man next to me said, ‘you should have one with pockets.’ I said, ‘the day Hermès makes one with pockets I will have that.’ And he said: “‘but I am Hermès, and I will put pockets in for you.’” And it was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. 

4 comments:

  1. I love that! Cool quote... :)):

    Billy Squier sounds great right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tierna cita te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I never knew that was how the Birkin bag came to be! What a great story! 🤎👜

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.