Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Nonfiction Tuesday! Walking with Sam

 

Walking with Sam: A Father, a Son, and Five Hundred Miles Across Spain [McCarthy, Andrew]

Hopefully, they were not in flip-flops the whole time. I never knew what a great travel writer Andrew McCarthy is. But I'm glad I found out with this book. Such an interesting slice of life. I  really enjoyed his narrative. One thing for sure, he is such a thoughtful father and I'm sure his son must know this. It was the perfect time for keeping in touch, clearing the air and learning from each other. The book came out in May. McCarthy is so inspiring. You just might want to take a walk with someone you need to reconnect with.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good I like non fiction -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your last line. And this sounds neat- I liked him in those older movies.

    I was gone all day yesterday so I'm catching up. Went shooting with my daughters. They're a better shot than me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review! And, Andrew McCarthy as bard, who knew? This sounds like a book I'd enjoy. 🖤💛

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.