Sunday, November 5, 2023

Sorry, Wrong Number

 


Barbara Stanwyck's best character study. The woman might have been her worst enemy, and yet she knew how to get what she wanted. Before she was practically an invalid, her character pounced on the man she wanted from her college days (Burt Lancaster, who was a poor boy looking for the good life all though, although his character was much in love with sweet ingenue Ann Reed). It's a short movie. Stanwyck is a chain-smoking bitch hanging on to every phone call she can get. No sign of her husband coming home. The movie goes back and forth with the root of the problem. Unfortunately, the last line is the title of the Movie. SORRY, WRONG NUMBER. It is a Film Noir delight. A well-written script and some very sincere acting too. If you've got the time, find this classic to watch!

4 comments:

  1. Nice. I like a good noir. "chain smoking bitch" :):):):))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WAS up at midnight! I went to a comic con yesterday and thought I'd be exhausted- actually I was- but after a nap I was blogging again. :)

      I never wrote much in college, even though I always wanted to. It's only lately that I've been really doing it. the older I I realize I only have so much time...

      Eric's and Anna's story was actually my original one, and Joon was a spur of the moment thing that has grown. But they're in the same universe hence Gates and timetraveling

      Delete
  2. Oh, this sounds like a must-see! Barb would heart this review. 🖤🖤🖤

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from people.